Ferro Backup System is a network backup system intended for small offices and large corporations and institutions alike. It allows you to protect data stored at desktops, laptops and network file servers operating under Microsoft Windows, Novell NetWare, Linux, MacOS.
Ferro Backup System operates within a client/server architecture and helps secure computers connected to a network. Backups may include individual files and folders or the entire hard drive In case of failure, it allows the restoration of the backed-up data and the operating system with installed software.
Thanks to techniques used such as differential backup, compression at desktop level, symmetric multiprocessing, Ferro Backup System enables you, in a very short time, to make copies of files from all computers connected to the local area network.
The automatic freeing of disc space combined with an alert module which sends an e-mail to the administrator on any possible errors and warnings, limits the need for constant supervision of the program.
The Administrator doesnt need to worry about the date of the last full backup and about when and how many differential backups have been executed. Ferro Backup System takes control over data recovery from differential backups and displays their content the same way as for full backups.
To use the Ferro Backup System, you dont need to change anything in the current setup of the computer network, servers and office computers. Ferro Backup System is completely independent of existing services, account settings and protections.
With Ferro Backup System it takes just moments to secure information of critical importance for your companys operations, which is stored on computers connected to a LAN.
» version 4.8 - posted on 2015-03-31
improvements and stability fixes
» version 3.1 - posted on 2009-03-17
Replication to tape drives, Corrected bug in rewritable optical media support (CD-RW, DVD-RW, DVD+RW)
EULA - End User License Agreement
SOFTWARE USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR FERRO BACKUP SYSTEM AND LIMITED USER WARRANTY
IMPORTANT, READ CAREFULLY: This Software User License Agreement (hereinafter the License Agreement) is a legally binding contract between a natural person or company (hereinafter the Licensee) and FERRO Software. This License Agreement is for the product specified above, which includes software and may also include related media, printed content and online documents as well as electronic documentation. The SOFTWARE also includes updates and patches for the original SOFTWARE supplied to the Licensee. Every application supplied with the SOFTWARE which is provided with an additional license agreement will be governed by this Agreement. By installing, copying, downloading, accessing or otherwise using the SOFTWARE the Licensee agrees to comply with this License Agreement. If the Licensee does not agree to comply with this License Agreement, he or she must not install or use the SOFTWARE.
1.Granting the SOFTWARE license
The MANUFACTURER authorizes the use of UNREGISTERED SOFTWARE only for non-commercial, non-profit purposes (for demonstration, testing, teaching, research and home use). The UNREGISTERED copy must not be used for profit or commercial purposes. Commercial purposes are taken to mean direct and indirect use of the Software for business. If the user intends to use the SOFTWARE for commercial purposes, he or she must purchase a license (register the software with the manufacturer). The MANUFACTURER authorizes the distribution of UNREGISTERED copies of the SOFTWARE provided that both the software and all other files included in the installation package are left unchanged and are not tampered with. No fees can be charged for the distribution of UNREGISTERED SOFTWARE without the written authorization of the MANUFACTURER. Any other use or distribution of the SOFTWARE is a violation of copyrights, international copyright agreements or other intellectual property laws.
This License Agreement of FERRO Software authorizes any User who purchases the license and registers the SOFTWARE with the MANUFACTURER to use one registered copy of the server software (FBS Server) and as many copies of the workstation software as the license permits. To use the SOFTWARE on multiple computers at the same time, in particular but not limited to the server software (FBS Server), written authorization of the software developer additional licenses are required.
- The SOFTWARE is protected by copyright laws, international copyright agreements and other legal acts and international agreements on intellectual property protection
The SOFTWARE is licensed, not sold.
- The SOFTWARE cannot be leased, rented or hired by the Licensee.
- License Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights or remedies, the MANUFACTURER may at any time terminate this License should the BUYER be found in breach of its provisions. In such an event the Licensee must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE and all of its components.
2. The MANUFACTURER reserves all rights not expressly granted herein.
3. COPYRIGHTS. THE MANUFACTURER represents that it is the developer and the only legal owner of the software and that the software constitutes original work and does not infringe any copyrights or related rights of other authors, or any trademark and invention protection laws. Therefore the Buyer must treat the SOFTWARE as any other work protected by copyright laws. All legal title and intellectual property rights to the SOFTWARE (including any images, photos, animations, video and sound content, music, text included in the SOFTWARE) and to any other supplied printed content as well as any copies of the SOFTWARE are held by the MANUFACTURER or its suppliers. If this SOFTWARE contains any electronic-only documentation, the Licensee may make one printed copy of such documentation. The Licensee may not make copies of printed materials supplied with the SOFTWARE.
4. UPDATES. If the SOFTWARE is designated as an update, the Licensee may use the SOFTWARE only if he or she has a valid and effective license for the product designated by FERRO Software as the main software, which the update has been provided for. Any SOFTWARE designated as an update will replace and/or supplement the main product that it has been supplied for (or may also exclude it from such products). The Licensee must use updated products only as provided in this License Agreement. If any SOFTWARE constitutes an update for any part of the software suite licensed as a single product, that SOFTWARE can be used and any rights thereto can be transferred only as part of that single product suite and cannot be split for use on more computers than the license permits. The Manufacturer reserves the right to make technical modifications to software versions newer than the one purchased by the Buyer.
5. The Licensee may receive the SOFTWARE on multiple media. Regardless of the type or size of software media, only one relevant piece of media can be used on the Licensees COMPUTER. RUNNING other media on other COMPUTERS is prohibited. It is also prohibited to rent out, lease out, hire out or transfer other media to other users in any form.
6. The contents of any user manual supplied with the software or any other materials cannot be used as the basis for any claims against the Manufacturer.
7. No Buyer or agent is allowed to reverse engineer, decompress executable files, decompile and disassemble the software.
8. LIMITED GUARANTEE. This SOFTWARE is supplied as is. FERRO Software does not make any guarantees, assurances or promises in regard to the SOFTWARE and the Licensee assumes any risks involved in the use or inability to use the software. FERRO Software waives and excludes any implied guarantees of proper operation, title or fitness of the software. FERRO Software does not warrant that the SOFTWARE or related documentation will meet the Licensees requirements or that the SOFTWARE and documentation are free from faults or errors or that the SOFTWARE will run without problems. FERRO Software will not be liable for any loss of data, damages, lost profits, or any other losses caused directly or indirectly by the SOFTWARE.